Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Treat from the Islands

I received many wonderful birthday presents and cards. However, hopefully with out offending anyone, I did have a favorite! My awesome friend Irene Janado sent me a birthday package direct from Hilo, Hawaii! Oh my gosh! It was filled with Calendars, Cookies, Luggage Tags (so when I get to go to Hawaii :), Notepads, Post cards, Chocolate covered Macadamia nuts (2 boxes), a chocolate candy bar with macadamia nuts (already eaten by Landon and I), roasted Macadamia Nuts (already eaten by Travis and I) and Caramel Popcorn with Macadamia nuts (already eaten by me and a friend)!!!
I know that when I step on the scale at my doctor's appointment today, I will see the results of scarfing down such wonderful, amazing treats but I really could not help myself. It was such fun to receive a little of Hawaii from my dear friend! Now if I could pakcage a yard full of snow for her, that would make the best return gift, I think! I am wishing for a trip to Hawaii sometime in my life, but for now this awesom package of goodies will make me happy!!! (not pictured, all the things already eaten) :)

2 comments:

Lori

Nick, that was a great post. I bet you DID enjoy getting that package!! We are going in January, and I'll send you some more things! If that will suffice until you get to go there.

cindave

i didn't know it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! glad you got some tasty treats. scale-schmale. ;)