Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008


This is a old picture from last year at Grandma and Grandpa Ziegler's home, but I thought it was cute. Today as I read blog posts in KSL and ABC4 news about Prop 8, I have really had a lot of emotions run through me. But one emotion runs true no matter what, I love my children and my husband. What a blessing it is to be a family forever, of course if I live right :) I have often been so upset over blogger's comments and what not on the LDS Church's fight for Prop 8, but then Travis and I were lucky enough to hear Elder Russell M. Nelson last saturday night speak to our stake. What a wonderful man! He did encourage us to speak kind words and to be careful how we respond to others who oppose our beliefs. What a comfort to hear his words! I read the comments now and think how lucky I am to have the testimony that I do. I am greatful for my parents who taught me gospel principals and showed me how to respect others. I am greatful for my husband and his willingness to strive for eternal happiness. I am greatful for my siblings and the examples they have been and still are to me! I am especially greatful for my children and their simple but amazing testimonies of our Savior and his love. I love my Heavenly Father and the gospel in which I believe. I love our Prophet and his Counselors and I know with out a doubt they are sent here to guide us by our loving Father in Heaven. I know this is pretty much a testimony to you all, but I felt impressed to write these things. Anyone who reads this blog should know how much you are loved by the Tanner family!!!!!!

1 comments:

Erin

Great post. I like the church's statement they released after prop 8 passed this week. It was very similar to what Elder Nelson said about being nice and respectful to those who don't agree with us.