There are those rare occasions when I realize how greatful, how truly greatful, I am for the people in my life. There are many. Family, longtime friends, newly acquired friends, co-workers, neighbors, and I believe the list goes on. I also realize how willing those people are to help when I need them to. Whether I have asked for it or not! Yesterday and today were those times. I could not really go much longer without thanking those family and friends! As the day started out on Tuesday around 9:00 am, I realized that the bathroom was going to be my friend. Then, around 1:00 pm it became the place I turned to for pretty much most of my needs! ( I assume you all get what I am talking about. I had the stomach flu! ) Nothing, I mean nothing, was going to make a long stay in my body. What went in came out in a real hurry. ( I have no desire for any kind of green salad, for a very long time!!! ) Of course as the day went on I got a little worried about being dehydrated while being pregnant. Travis came home around 3:00 pm and took Landon with him to do some errands. That relieved a little of my stress. Then around 7:00 pm I started having some pretty bad pains in my left leg and I was starting to get short of breath. Now, on top of all this, Sunday I started a yucky cold. The usual, sore throat, cough, low fever, and sinus pressure. All symptoms I still had, when the stomach flu hit. So, I did what I normally do, I called my younger brother Kiley to ask his medical advise on the situation. I was tired, weak, short of breath and in pain. Nothing was making this better and at that point I was worried. For myself and for the baby! Kiley instructed me to go to the ER. Off we went! ( Once I woke Travis up from his very deep sleep. ) As we were leaving, we realized that someone ought to watch the kids while we were gone. So a quick call to our good friends Bryce and Marlana made a babystitter possible. Thanks Marlana!!! At the hospital, I received IV fluids, naseua medication, a chest xray, and a ultra sound on my left leg. ( Where I was having the sharp shooting pains. ) Around, 3:00 am I received the discharge papers and a prescription for anit-naseau medication ( suppositories, :( ) All was well and nothing to wrong with me except a pretty bad case of the stomach flu, dehydration and a little breathing trouble due to my cold. We came home around 4:00 am, relieved Marlana of her duties and went to bed. But first, my anti-nasuea medication....that was real fun! We were able to get some sleep before the girls had to go to school. Once off to school, Travis headed to work and Landon and I were home alone for the day. Then a newly acquired friend, Alicia Hallman, offered to take Landon for the day! Ahhhh...what a great piece of news, I could truly get some rest! Alicia, thank you! That was some great sleep and I am positive I feel better for it! As I speak now, the bathroom is still my friend, but I feel and look a whole lot better than I did 24 hours ago! My dear husband, is asleep right now, but he also has to have a lot of credit for being by my side and taking care of me. Thank you Trav!!! I hope everyone knows how greatful I am for ALL of your help and support. Kiley, thanks for calling your sister back late at night. I had not been a whimp until I started to tell you what was wrong. Thanks for letting me whine and cry! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to everyone!!!! Now with that, I need to take a potty break :)
My Little Experiments
-
I took these pictures of Lou Lou a few weeks ago and I love them. Her face
in the first one is a "who me?" face and the second is her face pulling. I
thoug...
14 years ago


4 comments:
Oh Nicki! I heard about your trip to the ER at playgroup today. (Landon played great!) I'm so sorry you've had such a miserable time! Like you needed that while being so sick just because of your pregnancy. When it rains it pours, right? I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you need anything. Really.
Oh my heavens what a rough couple of days! I can't even imagine all of that on top of the normal morning sickness! Good thing you have some drugs now! I hope you get better soon!
Oh...you poor thing! Sometimes beging pregnant magnifies anything else that is wrong with your body! (And it complicates the better drugs you wish you were taking!) ;) Marlana IS a good friend! It doesn't surprise me that she came to the rescue!
I am SO sorry! I had an experience like that as well--when I was about 10 weeks I got this horrible cold and cough. Almost every time I would cough it would make me gag and then I'd throw up (along with already being sick) finally on about the 3rd night I decided to take some cough medicine. The taste made me sick anyway, but then I felt totally sick-It's like I had drank a bottle of vodka + a can of red bull cuz I was wide awake yet spinning and dizzy and gross. Half way through the night I told Brandon I felt like I was going to die and I needed to go see a doctor-we went to the ER and they gave me an IV with some anti-nausea medication and fluids for being so dehydrated--also some antibiotics for my cough which helped a ton and I felt so much better--it made just being 'pregnancy sick' do able for the next 4-5 weeks! Hopefully you will start feeling better after the first trimester is over! Call me if you need anything!
Post a Comment