Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Olivia May Tanner May 20th, 2009 7.11lbs 20 inch




























We are so very excited that our little girl has finally arrived! Okay so I will tell the very short version of how things went. Last Tuesday I went to my Doctor's appointment and what can you imagine....I had High Blood Pressure still! Dr. Johanson so kindly said, "It was time to be done." I thought maybe she meant in a week. She actually meant Thursday of that same week, but when she called the hospital they said Thursday was already full so she went for Wednesday! That was literally less than 24 hours away!!!! I was so excited! And.... with in 24 hours we were at the hospital getting hooked up to all the fun monitor's! To cut to the chase, around 10:30 p.m. the nurse came in to check me...I was dialated to a 7. Ugh we thought....another few more hours! The two nurses left us and we prepared for a few more hours of dialating! Less than 5 minutes later..I am not kidding less than 5 minutes...both nurses came rushing back in to look at the monitors. Travis asked what was wrong and our awesome nurse Kelli, said that the baby's heart rate had dropped and they wanted to go ahead and check me again. Again, I thought! You just did. So goes the drill and what do you know....I was dialated to a 10 and ready to go! Holy Cow you say....but wait....isn't the doctor supposed to be present? :) They paged her and luckily she lives only 10 minues away. She was there in a flash! and so was little miss Olivia May Tanner! I pushed 1 time and breathed then pushed 1 more time and half way through that push she told me to stop...and then labor was over! She had arrived and I only had to push 1 1/2 times! What a great baby! We have been very blessed and we are so greatful for all four of our children! Many thanks goes out to our friends who so willingly watched Maddy, Morgan and Landon for us! You guys took such awesome care of our kids, they all wish they could go back and have a few more days with you all!! I am being very serious here! Thanks to Grandma's and Grandpa's who travelled far and near to see our sweet bundle of joy and to friends who travelled near to visit us before and after delivery! Thanks to all who have wished us well and followed along! We love you all and thank our Heavenly Father for each one of you!

5 comments:

Danelle and Alex

What a pretty little girl. She looks just like the rest of them what a cutie! I am glad labor went so well for you.

Maria

Oh! She is just beautiful!! Congratulations!

cindave

that labor story sounds very familiar! it was deja vous reading it! very similar stories. anyway, she is so beautiful! and i think she looks a lot like morgan and maddie. good work! she's a keeper!

cindave

hey nicki - my purse party isn't until NEXT saturday. you'll totally be better by then and i expect to see you there! :) bring maddie too if you want.

Martha

So cute!